Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Could you construct an all-star team from non playoff teams to beat GSW?

Date:
Could you construct an all-star team from non playoff teams to beat GSW?

So this is a question Nate Duncan posted on twitter that he got while doing his #TwitterNBAShow.

Andy Glockner got me really thinking about it when he chose this team:

PG: Rubio, Kemba, Dragic

SG: Batum, Booker

SF: Wiggins, Melo

PF: Porzingas, Davis

C: Embiid, Jokic, Boogie

I disagree with Andy on a couple of things. First I think it is ridiculous to consider Embiid, considering he is hurt. Second I think he went with picking the best 12 guys rather than picking a team, with a viable rotation. He even said he probably needed more glue guys. I agree. No way Boogie would be a good teammate as a third center on a team.

Anyway, since I disagree, I thought I would give a shot at putting together a team of my own. Here are the pool of guys I think deserve to be in consideration for a spot on the team:

PG: Dragic, Kemba, Jeremy Lin, Jameer Nelson, Jrue Holiday, Rubio, Bledsoe

Wings: Waiters, KCP, Tobias Harris, Batum, Marvin Williams, Courtney Lee, Melo, Robert Covington, Wilson Chandler, Will Barton, Gallonari, Wes Matthews, Harrison Barnes, Wiggins, Booker, Jared Dudley

Bigs: Whiteside, James Johnson, Drummond, Porzingas, Brooks Lopez, Trever Booker, Jokic, Faried, Boogie, AD, Dirk, Nerlens, KAT, Tyson Chandler

My Team:

PG: Kemba Walker

SG: Devin Booker

SF: Nicholas Batum

PF: Anthony Davis 

C: Karl Anthony Towns

6: Carmelo Anthony  7: Harrison Barnes 8: Jrue Holiday 9: Wes Matthews 10: Robert Covington  11: Jeremy Lin 12: Kenneth Faried

Rationale: I tried to combine shooting with playmakers and guys who could switch defensively. I built my bench with the idea in mind that I was going to be playing AD at the 5 and Melo, Barnes, and Covington at the 4 a good amount.

What would your team look like?

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse